Jai Guru Deva,
Today for some unknown reason I'm remembering certain things which are so hard to believe. Perhaps it is for this reason people say reality is more dramatic than fiction. Below are some of the things:
1. Alexander the Great died because of mosquito bite. Great Alexander who killed several lakhs of humans died because of a tiny mosquito.. Hard to believe, may be God chose mosquito as other humans could not do anything to the tyrrant.
2. Great Chengiz Khan died by falling from a horse. Ironically, he is riding horses even when he was a kid.
3. Sanjay Gandhi's plane crash: One of the most controversial accidents in the history of Independent India. Sanjay Gandhi who was the PM in waiting at that time met an untimely death just after taking off from Delhi's Sarfdur Jung Airport. At the time of his death he is THE most Powerful man in the country and all the opposition was criticizing him as an unconstitutional force.
4. Don Bradman's last duck: Sir Donald Bradman arguably the best batsmen ever was out for a duck in his final test innings. In his career he had amassed as many as 6200 runs at a whopping average of 99.96. Had he made four runs in that match his average would have touched 100.
5. Brian Lara's last runout: what an irony! the last king of Caribbean who made more than 10000 runs failed to complete his last run.
6. NTR defeated by a novice: Legendary Telugu Hero and perhaps the most popular CM of Andhra Pradesh lost the 1989 election from Hindupur to a novice. The person who won against him was so insignificant that I didnt even know his name.
7. PIA going bankrupt: Pakistan International Airlines which was one of the best during 1970s and early 80s went bankrupt. Lets not forget that it was PIA staff who trained Fly Emirates when the latter was started by the Dubai based Sheiks. Some feels that Zia-ul-Haq's Islamization of PIA is the biggest reasons behind its downfall. The strange part is Fly Emirates which is bank rolled by orthodox Dubai Sheiks provides Alcohol to its passengers.
8. Srirangam Srinivasa Rao, popular telugu writer who claims to be an iconoclast and a communist did upanayanam to his son. Upanayanam is the cermony of bestowing a brahmin kid with the sacred thread. One wonders how such an iconoclast did this.
9. Narendra Modi who was a very very insignificant man 15year before is perhaps the strongest contender for the post of Indian PM. I still remember vividly that Modi was doing the planning for the travel of people like Advani, Vajpayee, Sushma Swaraj etc during the 1998 elections.
10. Red Indians in America: I always wondered how the aboriginal race in America is called Red Indians instead of Red Americans.