21 years of Deser Storm..

Jai Guru Deva,

one of the sweetest memories of my childhood is sachin's batting. I was punished for this multiple times by multiple people. Yet, if I were to live that day again, I will still watch Sachin bat and would not mind the punishments. That was Sachin and that was me. Of all the knocks of Sachin, desert storm stands as a citadel of his domination over the Aussies. An exhibition of pure class, temperament and commitment to the cause of the team. Such was his batting that none less than the legendary Shane Warne started getting Sachin in his dreams. That day when Sachin proved to the world that he is not just a great batsman but an all time great.. A moment of nirvana for an Indian cricket fan. 

Going into that series a lot was at stake for Sachin, he had recently resigned from captaincy after a couple of disastrous tours. Though he had nothing left to prove to anyone still crazy fans like me were expecting he should do something special. This "do something special" maniacs followed him all through the 23years of career. A lot of people question that Sachin cant handle pressure but this series proves them wrong. Although I can show atleast six more instances of Sachin handling the pressure well, this one is surely phenomenal innings in every sense.

Lot of people talk about the twin sixes of Kasparowich but for me Sachins best shot is the cover drive at 11.4 overs. Ian Chappell was on air and he told "That's one of the best shot you will see for a long time to come" Its definitely a luxury to watch that live. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

where r we goin???

Thats My Mom!!

A miracle called 2011!!!