oh God!





Jai Guru Deva,

I had come home today after meeting some of my juniors from college and was upbeat as i was sharing a lot of nostalgia. But as i switched on TV i found the news of a father killing his own children in hyderabad and I started shivering. None of the victims are any relatives of mine and I am hearing their names for the first time in my life. But still the news sent waves of fear across my spine. For some reason I cant comprehend, I am feeling very vulnerable to any act of violence. I distantly remember when some Israel soldiers killed a Palestine child by mistake (this was in 2002), I had no sympathy for the victim. I just convinced myself "Result of Islamic Terrorism". Though my political inclinations didnt change with time, I am feeling more vulnerable to any sort of violence. I cant pinpoint the reason for this but this is very annoying. One thing I always want is a smile on my face. As I mentioned many times earlier, my life is not a pursuit of happiness but rather a celebration of it. I had crossed a stage where materialistic things are failing to bother me, yet God is giving so many tests for my patience and character. I am fully cognizant of the fact that I have to enact my role in this divine play called life but still it is so disturbing. As a stranger I myself is feeling so much of pain imagine the situation of the kith and kin? distrubing; very very disturbing!!
As I said, I am lacking strength to handle this pain and surrender all this pain to My Guruji. 

let me finish this with the poem of Gurudev Rabindranath Tagore:

Where the mind is without fear and the head is held high;
   Where knowledge is free;
   Where the world has not been broken up into fragments by narrow domestic walls;
   Where words come out from the depth of truth;
   Where tireless striving stretches its arms towards perfection;
   Where the clear stream of reason has not lost its way into the dreary desert sand of dead habit;
   Where the mind is led forward by thee into ever-widening thought and action
   Into that heaven of freedom, my Father, let my country awake.

Sarvejana Sukhinobhavantu,
-Karthik



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thats My Mom!!

where r we goin???

A miracle called 2011!!!