13th March 2005..

Jai Guru Deva,

Not many days in  your life change the course of your life.
Not many days will ensure that you remember them.
Not many days ensure that you dont ignore them.

13th Mar, 2005 was one such day that had a lot of bearing on my life. There is no place for "Ifs" and "Buts" in life still I cant help but fail to understand several events of my life. one such thing happened on this day. I have no regrets for anything that happened or for anything that I did, because If I get another opportunity to live the same day, I will behave the same way as before. Good Bad or Worst, this is the way I am built. Blessing or curse, I receive whatever I deserve. So be it!!

On this particular day, me and Ravi presented our favorite paper Hydrogen Cell in the paper presentation competition at RGIT Nandyal. I was very eagerly looking forward for the presentation to kick start for more than one reason. One reason is that the prize amount is much higher than other colleges. I am confident of a prize there (If you have someone like Ravi on your side, you can achieve any damn thing you please!). I am not overstating us because we had spent a lot of time on this and perhaps its the best on the topic. Incidentally, both the papers we had won our prizes are used by some other friends and they got good grades using them as part of their course work. Below is one such mail:
Hi Karthikeya,
Hope every thing is fine with u and I hope u enjoyed u
r vacation in Kadapa.
I heard that u r in kadapa for u r sister's marriage.
Have gone to our college, is there any news or
progress in our department and in our college.
I have to tell my sincere thanks to u and ravishankar
bcz I got A grade in one course in that I have
submitted ur paper as one of my paper.
How is u r course work.
I wish u a happy and prosperous new year.

Coming to that particular day, We had reached Nandyal a day before so as to ensure that we are better prepared than our visit to Guntur. We are given a room in one of the popular hotels and we are glad about that. After reaching the room we realized its as good as the one we had received in Guntur. The light was not working in the room and when we had contacted the hotel assistance they said, you go ahead and bang on the switch board :)) We refused to do that as it was too weird and asked the hotel to call the electrician. They had immediately sent a self declared electrician who had banged on the switch board and to our utter shock the light came to life :)) Then there was the bathroom fixed with a far bigger light which unfortunately is not connected to any switch board :)) I have no intention of belittling the efforts of the organizing team because as a chief organizer of one such event, I have a first hand understanding of what it takes to organize such events. But for some reason, I had experienced few cases which are just hilarious. On a different note, I belong to that league of people who had witnessed events which otherwise are unthinkable :)) so be it!!

During the darkest days of my life, the question lingering in my mind was about this day. Because this day did not fit into the overall sequence of events that turned out later. But like many other things in life, I neither understood this day nor people cared to tell me about it. I am not questioning their choices but respect them as they are free to live their life as they please. Irrespective of anything else, its my birth right to live a happy life and make an effort to make the lives of the people around me happier. So be it!!

Last but not the least, let me finish this post with the note from Guruji.

Life will always move in the direction of the best. On the way you may find some rough roads, but they will lead you to a better life. Difficulties give you depth and joy gives you width. The wise see their past as destiny, the future as free will and are happy in the present. The unwise regret the past, think the future is destined and are miserable in present. The choice is yours.

Sarvejana Sukhinobhavantu,
-Karthik

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

where r we goin???

Thats My Mom!!

A miracle called 2011!!!