Learnings from Mahabharath -7: Sri Krishna

Jai Guru Deva,

Any learning from Mahabharath is not complete without understanding what Sri Krishna said and what he did because when the divine himself gives a message do we have a choice to miss it? Absolutely NO!

In each and every step of Mahabharath we will understand that Sri Krishna indeed is the Paramatma. When I hear some of the things of Bhagavadgita I cant help but get tears. I understood and appreciated the profoundness of Bhagavadgita after I started doing my Sadhana. After 2008, for a long time in my life I had this question "Why ME??" There were days when I cried alone as could not know the answer for that question. Only I know how much I suffered. I got my answer in the Holy Bhagavadgita "It was ME because the Almighty bestowed me with the courage and caliber to deal with it". 

Of all the personality development books that I had studied, the message from Bhagavan remains the most influential. Even today as I write this, my quotation at the top of my blog is from Bhagavadgita. As Krishna says, you  are not the owner of the result but just a doer and so do your Karma. Expectation of the result puts unwanted and unnecessary pressure. Arjuna was at the giving up his dharma in the disillusion that he is owning the result but Krishna convinced him that the result is not in his hands and all he can do is to perform his duty. This is sheer wisdom! 


Apart from Bhagavadgita, other important message that Krishna gave was to stand for righteous cause. He made Pandavas to kill their own kith and kin because dharma towards society is far superior to the personal bonds. Personal conflicts are always emotional but a kshatriya's commitment to the society cannot be compromised. After all, ethics are always greater than emotions. This is something which I believed since my childhood. I pray the God to give me enough strength to stick to my ethics which sometimes can be very demanding. People hated me for sticking to ethics as it didnt match their expectations but alas, its not in my hands. The day I compromise on ethics I am more dead than alive. After all, a human's integrity is the corner stone of his character; nothing less nothing more.

Guruji asked all of us to read some verses(atleast one) of Bhagavadgita everyday before sleeping. I have not started it because of the office work and sometimes Sathvik ensures that I play with him just before sleeping. But I have to find a work around and start reading the Gita.  

The actor who played the role of Sri Krishna in Mahabharath is Nitish Bharadwaj. I like his acting a lot particularly when he makes sarcastic comments. One of the conversation which I liked the most was during Saindhav vadha. Nitish's body language and diction were very good all through the serial. 


Sarvejana Sukhinobhavantu,
-Karthik

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thats My Mom!!

where r we goin???

A miracle called 2011!!!